Visa Direct

I was unsure if I qualified for the International Graduate Scheme, however after speaking with a specialist my application was swiftly dealt with and I have my one year work Visa completed the following day. Mr M.Muzammil
Workers Registration Scheme

If you are a national of the following eight countries and you wish to work for an employer in the UK for longer than a month, then you will need to register under the Workers Registration Scheme (WRS). You should register within one month of beginning work. If you do not register within the first month, anytime spent working will not count towards your 12 month qualifying period to become except from registration. If you have more than one job at the same time, you will need a registration certificate for each employer you are working for. If you are working for an employment agency, but change jobs while working for the same agency, you will not need to apply for a new registration certificate unless there is a break of more than one week between jobs. However, if you do not work for an agency, and you wish to change jobs, you must apply again for a registration certificate under the Worker Registration Scheme authorising you to carry out the work for your proposed new employer. Once you have completed 12 months work with no more than 30 days break, you will no longer need to register on the Worker Registration Scheme. If you wish, you can then obtain a registration certificate confirming your right to live and work in the United Kingdom, although you are not obliged to do so. Finally, if you are self-employed, then you will not be required to apply under the Workers Regisration Scheme, however you will be required to register with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs. The nationals who must register with the Workers Registration Scheme are those from:

  • The Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Hungary
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Poland
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia



Latest News


Protesters Target Byron

Read more text  


Home Office wins Appeal against ruling on four Syrian refugees

Read more text  


Status of EU Nationals living in UK

Read more text  





Route Planner

Journey Planner


OISC Number: F200500062

Home Workers Registration Scheme