Visa Direct

I feel Visa Direct offers very good value for money. My student extension was completed within 1 day. I was expecting a long delay but they called me early evening and made me so happy. I recommend them to all my friends at college and look forward to using there services again in November. Mr A.Hovhanisyan
Sole Representatives
To come to the United Kingdom as a sole representative of an overseas firm without a work permit you should:
  • be coming to the United Kingdom to act as a sole representative to establish a wholly owned subsidiary or register a branch in the United Kingdom for an overseas parent company. The company must have no branch, subsidiary or other representative in the United Kingdom. If the firm has a legal entity in the United Kingdom, but this does not employ staff or transact business, then you may be able to enter the United Kingdom as their sole representative; and
  • if the previous representative leaves at an early stage before the United Kingdom company has found premises or started to trade, it may be possible for a successor to be allowed to come to the United Kingdom as a sole representative without having to apply for a work permit.

To apply to come to the United Kingdom as a sole representative of an overseas firm you will need to provide the following:

  • a full description of the parent company's activities, including details of assets and accounts; and,
  • your own job description, contract of employment and salary details.

You also need to show evidence that:

  • you are directly employed by the parent company and not acting as an agent marketing the company's goods;
  • you have been employed by the parent company for some time and hold a senior post;
  • you are a senior employee of the parent company with full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas firm without reference to the parent company;
  • you were recruited to the company outside the United Kingdom and intend to work full time as a representative of that firm in this country;
  • you are not a majority shareholder in the parent/overseas company;
  • you do not intend to carry out any other work whilst in the United Kingdom ; and,
  • you can maintain yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds
Visa Direct can assist in applying from abroad or extending your stay after the Initial 2 year grant. Please contact us today to discuss all options of this complex category.

Latest News


Protesters Target Byron

Read more text  


Home Office wins Appeal against ruling on four Syrian refugees

Read more text  


Status of EU Nationals living in UK

Read more text  





Route Planner

Journey Planner


OISC Number: F200500062

Home Sole Representatives